Vidiyel was founded in 1997 and registered as a non-profit Public Charitable Trust. Vidiyel does have FCRA, 12AA & 80G Certifications from the Govt.of India.
- Vidiyel works with poor children, women and labourers to facilitate them to acquire information, owning resources and power to use their decision for their wholistic development.
- Vidiyel focuses are on: children’s education, micro credit, sustainable livelihood, water & sanitation and health & hygiene.
- Vidiyel is working in 77 villages in Vilathikulam, Pudur, Kovilpatti and Kayatar unions of Thoothukudi district and in 52 villages in Sankarankovil, Melaneelithanallur, Vasudevanallur and Kuruvikulam unions of Tirunelveli district and in Chennai Corporation for the slum women and children.
- 243 self-help groups with 3201 members are functioning under the supervision and control of Vidiyel.
- Vidiyel has disbursed over Rs. 5 crores in microfinance loans to the various SHGs without any service charges.
- In the past years Vidiyel has integrated more than 300 child labourers in regular schools.
- Through Vidiyel-AIMS INDIA (Boston) Free Coaching Centres 1109 rural students and 27 teachers in 20 villages are being benefited in Vilathikulam Block.
- 341 children in the ages of 6 to 14 years, 25 crèche children and fishing/Palmyra tapping community SHGs in the tsunami affected coastal villages of Periasamipuram and Vembar in the Gulf of Mannar are being benefited by the India Literacy Project (ILP) through our interventions.
- So far Vidiyel has got 5 state level awards for better community services.
VISION OF VIDIYEL TRUST
Enabling and guiding the people in need in particular downtrodden societies to empowerment in socially and economically and eventually enabling for community participation to evolve strategies and action for their upliftmen.
MISSION OF VIDIYEL TRUST
- Studying the community needs
- Prioritising the needs
- Identifying the key persons
- Mobilising the target group
- Planning with the participation of the target
- Carrying out the planned task
WHO ARE WE
Vidiyel Trust is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), works with the underprivileged as a catalyst agent to enable them to uplift themselves with guiding vision. It is incorporated as a legal body under Public Charitable Trust on November 4, 1997, where nine members of various working disciplines, assembled without any profit motives but just with a realistic vision to facilitate the disadvantaged sections of people to get them empowered in the fields of education, health, agriculture and industry. It is exempted from income tax for any receiving funds under section 12 AA of Income Tax Act, 1960 and individual donor are exempted for 50 per cent of the funds endowed to us under 80 G of Income Tax Act, 1960. Vidiyel Trust works with the vision of enabling and guiding the people in need in particular downtrodden societies to empowerment in social, economic, political and cultural aspects and eventually enabling for community participation to evolve strategies and action for their advancement.